- Paint a 9″ x 12″ sheet of paper with black or brown tempera paint. Dab with a paper towel to dry. Set aside to dry more before tearing.
- Paint a blue sky with tempera paint on another sheet of 9″ x 12″ paper. Leave white circle for moon. Dab dry. If damp, wait until dry before next step.
- Tear black sheet of paper into strips. Use strips with two torn sides for trees. Attach randomly with glue stick.
- Use white tempera for adding dots of snow.
- Use very watery black paint to add shadows that point away from the moon.