Here’s one of the lovely projects from my new ebook collaboration with ceramic artist Jenni Ward. She has 20+ years of teaching, along with her own successful fine art career, so this book is coming from an expert in the field. Here is a sample of what her step by step photos look like, which makes projects like this heart-shaped pinch pot easy for students of all ages.
1. Pinch off baseball size piece of clay.
2. Form it into a ball.
3. Stick your thumb inside to make a hole.
4. Start pinching to form a bowl.
5. Continue pinching to make larger bowl.
6. Form the sides into a heart.
7. Scratch patterns into the sides, if desired.
8. Let dry, fire, glaze and then fire again.