Here’s a preview project from my new ebook collaboration with ceramic artist Jenni Ward. She has 20+ years of teaching, along with her own successful fine art career, so this book is coming from an expert in the field. I love this simple nest and eggs idea, which will be included in her upcoming “Create with Clay Two”. Below is a link to her first ebook, which is now available in my PDF Shop.
1.Take a piece of clay and roll it to make a smooth ball.
2. Make it into a pinch pot by pushing your thumb into the center of the sphere.
3. Continue squeezing around the sides until you have a bowl shape.
4. Collect various tools to scratch the surface of your clay (wire tool, fork, comb…)
5. Create a rough texture all over the outside bowl with one of your tools.
6. Finish the nest by scratching the inside surface as well.
7. Small pieces of clay are collected for the eggs.
8. Roll small spheres of clay in your hands and gently pinch one end to form the egg shape.
9. Dry the nest and eggs completely, bisque fire, glaze, and then glaze fire.