I hope there are some campers or beginner sewers out there who might be looking for a simple sewing project. It’s a fun way to create your own kind of textured fabric.
SUPPLIES: 18″ woven strap, 4 Fat Quarters of COTTON fabric., ruler.
- Layer all four fabric sections and press.
2. Cut rectangle in half. Stack one set on top of the other so that you have eight layers total.
3. Fold corner over to create a 45 degree angle. Crease and trace line.
4. Use pencil and width of ruler to continue diagonal lines until complete.
5. Stitch over lines through all layers.
6. Use ruler to make another set of lines in between.
7. Stitch over the new lines.
8. Cut edges straight to make clean rectangle.
9. Cut through top 7 layers, keep bottom one intact.
10. Use ruler to help stitch line around the entire edge.
11. Cut rectangle in half. Stitch edge to keep rows laying flat.
12. Cut straps to desired length and stitch one to each side.
13. Stitch three sides together.
14. Throw bag in a hot wash and hot dryer cycle. The cotton will shrink and
fold up to make a very cool looking chenille texture.